- This event has passed.
Webinar – Serving Out-of-School Youth for VR Professionals: Outreach, Engagement, and Support
February 28 @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Serving Out-of-School Youth for VR Professionals: Outreach, Engagement, and Support
Thursday, February 28, 2019 @ 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST
This webinar is designed to help vocational rehabilitation (VR) professionals better understand the composition of the out-of-school youth (OSY) population, what kinds of services are effective, and what programs and networks are available to support positive employment outcomes. Presenters will review evidence-based programming for OSY, describe national networks and initiatives, and suggest some ways to translate and apply this information to local VR practice. A local-level practitioner will walk through how OSY-focused programming can benefit youth with disabilities, through the lens of a young man’s journey through the program.
- Understand key characteristics of the out-of-school youth (OSY) population and what works in serving OSY;
- Learn from a nationally-known program about its methods for serving OSY, including OSY with disabilities;
- Learn how to tailor programs and services for OSY;
- Identify key referral partners for other services that OSY may need; and
- Identify strategies for more effectively serving OSY.
Thomas Showalter, Executive Director, National Youth Employment Coalition (NYEC)
Kate O’Sullivan, Senior Advisor, NYEC
Sharlet Barnett, CEO, Arizona Call-A-Teen Youth Resources (ACYR)
Kim Osmani, Technical Assistance Liaison, Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Youth Technical Assistance Center (Y-TAC)