This was the first webinar to Y-TAC’s “Improving the Employment Outcomes of Youth Who Receive Public Entitlements Through Benefits and Work Incentives Planning” webinar series. This webinar focused on the prevalence of youth on State VR caseloads who receive public entitlements and their current employment outlook, and looked at the needs represented by this population. Presenters described: the federal basis for State VR Agency funding of benefits planning services; the different terminology used to describe the service; how the scope of benefits planning has been defined by different State VR programs; elements of a quality benefits planning program or network; and, State VR Agency models for delivering benefits planning services.
Watch the webinar recording.
Download the PowerPoint presentation.
Read the transcript.
Thomas P. Golden, Ed.D., CRC, Executive Director, K. Lisa Yang and Hock E. Tan Institute on Employment and Disability – ILR School, Cornell University
James R. Sheldon, Jr., Supervising Attorney, Work Incentives Counseling Projects Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc., Buffalo, New York
As a result of attending this webinar, participants have:
- Understood the federal basis for State VR Agency funding of benefits planning services;
- Understood the different terminology that have been used to describe what federal VR regulations refer to as benefits planning services;
- Understood how the scope of benefits planning have been defined by different programs and funding sources;
- Assessed the degree to which their programs have the elements of a quality benefits planning program or network; and
- Identified the current State VR Agency models for delivering benefits planning services.