This webinar provided an overview of the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program and the national partners serving homeless youth, such as the National Network For Youth (NN4Y). Participants learned about services available through VR, VR best practices, and agencies serving Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY). Additionally, this webinar emphasized youth voice and participants learned from the youth themselves about what works best for them.
Download the PowerPoint presentation.
As a result of this webinar participants were able to:
- Learn about VR program governing rules and regulations;
- Learn about different types of services available for VR eligible individuals;
- Learn about national RHY program governing rules and regulations;
- Define “youth voice” and how it can be applied to agencies serving youth and students with disabilities;
- Understand value of youth voice in planning activities for youth;
- Understand best practices for VR and agencies serving RHY;
- Learn about resources for professionals serving youth with disabilities who are experiencing homelessness.