Earn 8 hours of CRC credit!
The Vocational Rehabilitation Youth Technical Assistance Center (Y-TAC) invites you to attend its Virtual Convening on Engaging Out-of-School and Other Opportunity Youth in VR Services.
When: January 14 & January 16, 2020 from 1 pm – 5 pm ET each day
Where: Online via Adobe Connect
Who should attend: VR professionals, including VR counselors, VR agency administrators, and community rehabilitation providers
Cost: There is no cost to attend
Materials to prepare for the Virtual Convening:
- Instructions on Adobe Connect and how to access to the virtual convening.
- Read the 2-Day Agenda.
- Learn about our speakers.
- Download the PowerPoint presentations for Day 1 and Day 2.
- Graphic on Youth Developmental Stages
Purpose: Build capacity to find and engage youth with disabilities who are no longer in school and not employed or who face barriers to employment such as involvement with justice systems, connection to the child welfare system, and experiences with homelessness.
During the convening, attendees will learn from and engage in discussions with youth and professional experts to better understand the experiences of these youth and what works to engage and support them in achieving competitive integrated employment outcomes.
Attendees will increase their knowledge of:
- The experiences of Opportunity Youth* with disabilities and common challenges they face in accessing services needed to achieve employment outcomes
- Successful strategies for identifying, engaging, and retaining Opportunity Youth with disabilities in services
- Strategies for developing collaborative relationships with other agencies and service providers to connect to and effectively serve Opportunity Youth with disabilities
What to Expect: Throughout this event, attendees will be expected to actively engage in the large group and small breakout group discussions, sharing their own strategies, challenges, questions, and ideas for strengthening VR services to out-of-school youth. Please plan to actively participate throughout all the sessions. We appreciate your commitment to be fully and actively engaged when you register to attend.
About Registration and Attendance: The registration deadline is December 31st. Capacity for this event is limited. To maximize your learning and optimize peer-to-peer engagement throughout the two days, please plan to attend on both days. Attendees must register individually for both days of the event to access the Adobe Connect platform. Participants who attend the full 8 hours (4 hours per day) and complete the evaluation will be eligible to receive CRC credits.
REGISTER FOR DAY 1 – Engaging Out-of-School and Other Opportunity Youth in VR Services
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Time: 1:00PM – 5:00PM EST
REGISTER FOR DAY 2 – Engaging Out-of-School and Other Opportunity Youth in VR Services
Date: Thursday, January 16, 2020
Time: 1:00PM – 5:00PM EST