Enhancing Capacity to Serve Youth: Insights from the VR Youth Technical Assistance Center
Took place: Thursday, September 24, 2020
As the numbers of youth with disabilities being served by VR agencies has increased, many agencies are focusing professional development efforts on strengthening competencies among staff and partners to effectively engage and support youth. This webinar featured strategies employed by several VR agencies through technical assistance from Y-TAC to enhance their agency’s capacity to serve youth with disabilities.
- Increased knowledge of the professional competencies needed to effectively engage and support youth receiving VR services.
- Increased awareness of several capacity building methods and approaches that have had a positive impact on VR professionals’ self-efficacy in youth services.
- Increased knowledge about what professional development the staff and partners of VR agencies reported they need to further strengthen their efficacy serving youth.
- Karin Grandon, Y-TAC State Technical Assistance Liaison, Institute for Educational Leadership
- Mindy Larson, Y-TAC Project Director, Institute for Educational Leadership
- Dr. Kim Osmani, Y-TAC State Technical Assistance Liaison, Cornell University Yang -Tan Institute on Employment and Disability
- Wendy Quarles, Project Director, Cornell University Yang -Tan Institute on Employment and Disability
Click here to download the transcript.
Click here to watch the complete webinar.
Click here to download the PowerPoint presentation.