This webinar was a part of the Y-TAC Fall 2018 Webinar Series – Engaging & Supporting Youth: Achieving Employment Success. It explored the employment implications for youth involved in the Juvenile Justice System. Participants learned how Kentucky & Alaska worked collaboratively to design successful practices between their Vocational Rehabilitation and Juvenile Justice Systems.
Watch the webinar recording.
Download the PowerPoint presentation.
Read the transcript.
- Erik Peterson, Alaska Division of Juvenile Justice
- Christa Martin, Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR)
- Participants learned about examples of state level practices for serving youth who are involved in the juvenile justice system.
- Participants gained knowledge on how to conduct outreach to systems that are actively supporting the needs of students and youth in the juvenile justice system.
- Participants learned about who the collaborative partners are to connect youth in Juvenile Justice programs to further employment and independent living opportunities.