The Vocational Rehabilitation Youth Technical Assistance Center (Y-TAC) invites you to attend its Virtual Convening on Engaging Out-of-School and Other Opportunity Youth in VR Services Day 2.
When: Thursday, March 5, 2020
Time: 1:00 – 5:00 PM EST
Where: Online via Zoom
Who should attend: VR professionals, including VR counselors, VR agency administrators, and community rehabilitation providers
Cost: There is no cost to attend
Materials to prepare for the Virtual Convening:
- Learn about our speakers.
- Read the agenda.
- Download the PowerPoint presentations for Day 1 and Day 2
- Graphic on Youth Developmental Stages
Purpose: Build capacity to find and engage youth with disabilities who are no longer in school and not employed or who face barriers to employment such as involvement with justice systems, connection to the child welfare system, and experiences with homelessness.
During the convening, attendees will learn from and engage in discussions with youth and professional experts to better understand the experiences of these youth and what works to engage and support them in achieving competitive integrated employment outcomes.
Attendees will increase their knowledge of:
- The experiences of Opportunity Youth with disabilities and common challenges they face in accessing services needed to achieve employment outcomes
- Successful strategies for identifying, engaging, and retaining Opportunity Youth with disabilities in services
- Strategies for developing collaborative relationships with other agencies and service providers to connect to and effectively serve Opportunity Youth with disabilities